You have no items in your cart.
Welcome to Cantilon Choirs!
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.
— John Ruskin
At Cantilon Choirs, we believe in the power of music and community to enrich and change lives. We are a family of choirs in Edmonton and St. Albert that offer young singers the highest quality learning and performing experiences in the choral art. Our choristers thrive in an environment of fun and friendship as they strive for excellence and as they learn and grow as individuals and singers. Along the way, they experience joy, acceptance, pride in themselves and appreciation and compassion for others.
The Cantilon Choirs are known for their vibrant sound, engaging performances, professionalism, passion and integrity — at home and abroad. We are proud to have some of the best educators and musicians in Canada working with our singers. In the words of philosopher and music educator, Zoltán Kodály, ‘only the best is good enough for children.’ Our repertoire reflects this, from our folk song arrangements to our newly commissioned works to our first love — the music of the great classical masters.
Our Founder and Artistic Director, Heather Johnson, believes that our understanding of the world of choral music is enhanced by exposure to choirs from other countries and competitive experiences that foster achievement at the highest level. Our tour highlights include:
- Béla Bartók International Choral Competition, Hungary 2014 (Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary)
- Johannes Brahms International Choir Competition and Festival, Germany 2013 (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Sweden)
- International Eisteddfod, Llangollen, Wales 2011 (United Kingdom)
- Seghizzi International Choral Competition, Italy 2010 (Italy, Slovenia)
- Cork International Choral Competition, Ireland 2007 (Ireland)
- Tolosa International Choral Competition, Spain 2007 (Spain)
We have learned that excellence is contagious and we see this in our graduates who have gone on to pursue excellence in all fields of academic study — music, science, engineering, education, medicine, nursing, law and linguistics, just to name a few.